Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HOW DO i PUT PICTURES ON THIS SITE?

I have some pictures of Guy and Joan and the new dog they've taken in, Amber - Laura's dog.
We saw the deer -Jane Doe, Martha, and Sprite (Martha's fawn). The other twin fawn (Pepsi) didn't come. Jane Doe is so tame. We sat still and continued our conversation and soon she took pieces of cookie and grapes from my hand. I wish I had taken my camera with me out to their outdoor patio spot where we had drinks and fed the deer.
Guy sure has a way with his animals -four dogs (they follow him wherever he goes) 2 cats, who are more independent, a pair of guineas (we gathered 6 eggs from her nest) and a flock of chickens and one duck.
Joan keeps 4 hummingbird feeders filled every day and it's so interesting to watch all the birds.
We slept downstairs and before we went to bed Guy told me if I was up during the night to step outside on the lower deck. I went out there just before 5 AM. In the dark I was surrounded by a chorus of crickets, frogs, cicadas and other animal sounds and the prettiest sound of all was the creek gurgling and bubbling! What a wonderful feeling to be standing there in the dark but with the sounds of life all around me! I stayed there about ten minutes before I felt a mosquito and came in.
The next morning after a breakfast of guinea eggs Guy drove Bill and me all over their land in their orange 4 wheel drive jeep-like truck. We went up and down the mountain and over big rocks where the jeep was tilted over and across creeks. Amber was on a leash in the back of the truck but the other dogs were running all around. When they would find a rabbit or squirrel they would howl and bark, making a racket! Once when we slowed down Amber jumped out and was hanging by her leash with her back feet barely touching the ground. Guy quickly stopped and lifted her up so she wouldn't break her neck. Then he shortened the leash and had me hold it to take up the slack so she couldn't jump out again. She's still a puppy and gets so excited, but is learning a lot from the other dogs and Guy.
I'd better close this and post it and go to bed. Love, Millie

3 comments:

Lisa Davis said...

Millie it sounds like you had a wonderful, Dr. Doolittle time at Joan and Guy's. I love being outdoors.

Anonymous said...

Millie, Now I really want to visit Guy and Joan soon. Your visit sounds like fun. I'm glad you are blogging with us. Mary T

Rita said...

Millie, Nancy emailed me how to put pictures on the page. I'll forward her message to you, I just tried it out and it worked. Love, Rita